Which income tax return form to use to report incomes from salary, freelancing and capital gains?

Oct 24, 2019

In this year, I earn salary as well as Freelance income. I also want to carry forward my losses which I have for the last 4 years. which ITR from should I use for this? Does ITR4 have options to carry forward losses to be setoff in later years.

1 Answer
Oct 28, 2019

ITR 4 has provisions to report income under salary and presumptive taxation scheme (for your freelancing income). If you want to report capital gains and carry forwards losses, along with salary and your freelancing income, then you should use ITR 3.

Share this answer

Browse All Q&As
Financial Planning for a 30 year old salaried employee

Sachin Shah is a 30 year old Senior Software Engineer, working at an IT services company in Bengaluru. He and his wife want to plan for their retirement and also want to save for their child's education, wedding and for buying a car.

View Case Study
Browse All Q&As